Proactive company executives, facility and security managers, as well as engaged technicians always look out for technologies of a new security level and efficiency. Being curious by nature makes you visionary by practice. Usually, you can only react to faults in a fire alarm system when they have already happened.
With automated monitoring in place and through intelligent analyses, you can already know in advance when an operational interruption is going to happen. By this, you can proactively intervene and better plan maintenance tasks. From planning to installation and operation, fire alarm systems offer a remarkably high potential for innovations.
Challenges for preventive fire protection
Digitalisation, with its manifold effects, is one of the greatest upheavals in our society. What developments are emerging for preventive fire protection? What challenges does this pose for fire protection?
Smart buildings offer a wide range of possibilities to meet the modern demands of buildings and to generate synergy effects. The networking of devices and sensors for fire protection can increase the level of safety in the building and of the people in it.
Shortage of skilled workers
The shortage of skilled workers is also affecting the fire-protection industry. Human resources, training and necessary technical skills in all areas of the product life cycle are crucial competitive factors.
Many modern building projects are characterised by sustainability aspects and are being planned in an increasingly climate-friendly way. New building products, materials, facade greening and alternative construction methods present fire-protection officers with previously unknown problems.
Flexibility and repurposing
If a gymnasium becomes a party room in the evening, which building regulations apply? If work is done in a home office in apartment buildings, does it become an office building during the day?
Digital applications for fire alarm systems are capable of independently analysing big data and offer recommendations for action. Consequently, automated tests can help reduce time and resources for maintenance. Furthermore, a systematic detection of deceptive alarms can decrease the number of costly and unnecessary emergency calls with the fire department. Digitally supported fire alarm technology enables a new level of quality. It allows for better-targeted alarm notifications and the possibility to act remotely. Incidents will be completely recorded and documented.
Five steps to make your fire alarm system future-proof
Step 1: Bridge the gap between digital and analogue
To make your fire alarm system fit for the future, a bridge must be built between the fire alarm system and digital services for remote monitoring. With a suitable web application, the basis can therefore be laid for worldwide access to fire alarm control panels. This is done with a router for connection to the control centre.
Step 2: Optimise the processes
Be informed about events at your fire alarm system digitally. Receive information in real time by email or notification on your smartphone or tablet.
Step 3: Digitalise the processes
Inform, display and interact. With a digital remote access, you ensure the efficient operation of your fire alarm system, no matter from which location. Digital maintenance logs ensure high data quality and transparency for both your customers and you.
Step 4: Simplifying the processes
With a mobile application for controlling the fire alarm system, it is possible to react at a time when danger is imminent, but no damage has yet occurred. This information advantage shortens the response time and significantly simplifies processes.
Step 5: Modernise the processes
To make your business more efficient, every support is not only important but necessary. A digital service platform is the solution to make your working life easier.
Integrated solutions along the whole product life cycle
From planning through installation and ongoing operation to maintenance, modernisation, and expansion: innovative digital services simplify processes and increase quality over the whole product life cycle. Cloud-based services provide information about the current system status and allow for predictive maintenance. Furthermore, Digital Applications by Schrack Seconet complement the systems in fire alarms for an integrated and efficient solution for early fire detection.
Digital applications for fire alarm systems by Schrack Seconet include:
- Integral Remote Notification: Receive messages about alarms, faults or power failures via email or push notification on your computer or mobile device, even if the application is not actively running.
- Integral Remote Control: Conveniently monitor your systems via remote control on the go or directly from your office. With this, ongoing operational tasks can be solved faster and more efficiently. In case of an alarm, the right steps will be taken immediately.
- Integral Connect: All remote services are based on a secure Internet connection between the ‘Integral Remote’ products and the control panel. For this, installing the software is necessary; an intuitive user-administration, as well as a multi-factor authentication process makes sure that only authorised personnel can access the services
- Service Platform: Benefit from feature-sets such as site analysis, site management, product knowledge management, extension and modernisation, maintenance and site event management to manage your systems and locations the best way possible.
- Flexibility: Information is always available on every device, on your mobile phone or tablet, in real time and at every location.
- Quality: Position your competency towards clients with better preparation for maintenance tasks and expand your portfolio with additional services.
- Safety: An easy and legally watertight documentation, up-to-date information in real time, as well as constant monitoring and predictive maintenance help increase the safety of your system.
- Transparency: Keep an overview of all systems and get product information and event protocols whenever you need them.
- Efficiency: Optimised workflows and improved workforce planning enable a better organisation of resources, material and service-tours.
- Sustainability: Relevant information is digitised and therefore always available. This means less paper and less effort for updates, different versions, printing and storage.
Cybersecurity through a multi-level security concept
By means of an integrated web interface, personalised adjustments can be made for the subsequent use of the digital services. To guarantee the highest possible level of data protection, all transmitted information must be stored in a secure data centre. In a further security level, every access to the systems and all events are logged so that all processes remain transparent and documented. In addition, multi-level identification steps ensure that only authorised persons have access.
Smart technology: simply more flexibility, higher quality and better service
How do alarm systems of the future differ from ‘traditional’ systems? Digitally supported fire-protection solutions are connected and can be holistically linked to form a comprehensive safety landscape. Modern systems are flexible, networkable and offer a high degree of connectivity. This allows them to be scaled with little effort and at low cost. Through innovations and continuous research and development, they constantly evolve with current requirements. In the past, you could only react to system malfunctions once they had occurred. Through automatic monitoring of devices and intelligent analyses, you now also know in advance which maintenance tasks will be necessary.
This allows you to intervene proactively and plan maintenance more effectively. Digital applications for fire-detection systems are capable of independently analysing large amounts of data and making recommendations. Systematic detection of deceptive alarms reduces costly, unnecessary fire-brigade interventions. Digitally supported fire-alarm technology will ensure a new level of quality in the future by enabling targeted alarms to be triggered and responses to be made remotely. Damage events are logged and documented without gaps.
Modern fire-safety systems are flexible, provide modular expansion options and offer a high degree of connectivity. For that reason, they can be scaled very easily and cost efficiently. Through innovation and constant research and development, the system grows with its requirements.
Remote monitoring and the availability of all important information enables you to guarantee flawless service and maximum safety for people and assets, even in times of lockdowns and staff shortages. With our digital applications, we offer customised and flexible solutions that have been developed according to our customers’ needs. They simplify the operation and monitoring of our facilities and continue to evolve and modernise with our customers’ requirements.
For more information, go to www.schrack-seconet.com