Metron Eledyne’s type MP15a Jockey Pump Controllers are small, lightweight, technologically advanced microprocessor-based fire pump controllers. The compact design measures 300x300x180mm deep. Metron Eledyne’s MP15a controllers are designed for fire protection system applications where it is desirable to maintain uniform system water pressure. The primary function of a Jockey Pump Controller is to maintain normal system pressure which may fluctuate slightly due to small leaks in the system. The use of this small pump will eliminate frequent starting of the main pump. The Jockey Pump Controller automatically starts the Jockey Pump Motor when the system pressure drops below a user configured level.
The MP15a jockey pump controller is listed to the UL 508 Standard for Industrial Controls. Each controller has a door mounted hand-off-automatic switch along with an LCD digital display. The controller is housed in a NEMA 3R (IP51) drip-proof red enclosure. A weatherproof enclosure is also available, providing an ingress protection of NEMA4 (IP65).
Standard features include:
- System pressure readout without opening the door
- Combination motor protector through door disconnect provides fuseless overload and short circuit protection
- Door mounted backlit LCD display/user interface with adjustable back lighting.
- Horsepower rated motor starter
- HAND-OFF-AUTO selector switch
- Minimum Run timer
- Pump Start Delay timer
- Short Cycle Reoccurrence alarm
- Power Available LED
- Pump Running LED
- Event history Data log
- Control transformer
- Selectable bar/psi display
- Solid state contactor drive
- 600psi rated plumbing as standard
For more information about the MP15 SERIES or to see a demo, please contact Dean Chilvers [email protected]