7th Annual Fire Safety Technology Forum UAE
This now well-established annual fire safety event was held at the Intercontinental Hotel in Dubai’s Festival City. It was attended by over 200 delegates and visitors from wide backgrounds including Civil Defence, fire engineering, consultancies, fire industry companies and the media.
The Forum was designed to promote the latest fire safety innovations, both from the Gulf and globally, by inviting fire teams and industry professionals from across the world to benefit from the information shared during the Forum.
In a Welcome Address to all those attending the Forum, Major General Expert Rashid Thani Al Matrooshi, FIFireE, General Director of Dubai Civil Defence, said: “2017 continues to witness ground breaking changes in technologies and infrastructure bringing significant impact on each of us at Civil Defence with regards to technologies, equipment and level of preparedness.”
General Matrooshi continued: “In order to develop tomorrow’s strategies of prevention and protection the General Directorate of Dubai Civil Defence continues to study and apply concepts of innovation to remain in the forefront of safety management for Dubai and the UAE.”
The Forum’s speakers included:
- Colonel Expert Ali Hassan Al Mutawa, FIFireE, Head of Conference Organising Committee, Dubai Civil Defence
- Lt. Rashid Ali Bin Humidan, Head of Contracts Section, Dubai Civil Defence
- Colonel Gerry Woods, Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, UK
- Geoff Housego, Director, Hampshire Fire & Rescue Service, UK
- James Singeltary, Contamination and Hazmat Expert
- Norah Safar S Alghamdi, Nano Technology Expert
- Peter Stephenson, Middle East Director, Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE)
- At the conclusion of the formal presentations, Major General Expert Rashid Thani Al Matrooshi, FIFireE, chaired a Panel Discussion.
- The Society of Engineers UAE
- ASTM International
- Material Lab
- Thomas Bell Wright
- White Aluminium Enterprises
- Fire Service College UK
- Schott Glass
- General International
Gulf Fire and International Fire Protection magazines were the FST Forum fire sector Media Partners.
The proceedings of the 7th Annual Fire Safety Technology Forum UAE are available online.
For more information, go to www.dcd.gov.ae